Help with GUI

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 01:59:58 BST 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:17:21PM +0100, John Seago wrote:

> Thank you all so much for your kind efforts to help me. I will now set out
> to buy a set of disks that include X 4.X.X. as whilst it was suggested
> that I down load a new set of BSD, on the telephone exchange I'm on
> download is not a word that falls in the same sentence as `just' or
> `simply' or even `try to'. I'll then try to blunder my way through the
> installation process again.

You can get up to date disks from:

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

Since you're a newbie I'd also heartily recommend the `The Complete
FreeBSD' which is also available from there & which comes with disks.

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

Details from a kangaroo court:

Q: [Mr Milosevic]
	Is it true that they offered on that occasion to you certain
	protective measures? They told you you would be in prison for
	six months and would be tried if you don't agree to charge me
	falsely, to level false allegations against me? Is that true
	or not?

A: [Prosecution witness]
	They spoke to me about the difficult position I was in. They
	warned me against the possible consequences and offered me an
	option in the form of accusing Milosevic, as the person who
	issued orders for those criminal offences, which would relieve
	me of liability before a criminal court.