BSD users in central Scotland [SUMMARY]

Mark Valentine mark at thuvia.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 07:14:48 BST 2002

A couple of weeks ago I polled this and other forums for people in the
central Scotland area who used BSD.

The show of hands was not strong.  :-(

There were six responses from the Edinburgh Linux Users' Group and two
from the UK FreeBSD Users' Group.

People like to use BSD for their home or office Internet gateway/firewall,
and for creating VPNs.  A few run it on their laptops, and a select few
as their main desktop for general use and/or programming and web work;
it also makes a nice news server.

A few BSD users also seem to have a fondness for SPARC hardware...

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark at thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses