concurrent users on mysql

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Thu Oct 3 12:16:39 BST 2002

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:30:03 +0100
Paul Civati <paul at xciv.org> tests=IN_REP_TO,AWL version=2.31 wrote:

> "Robin Garbutt" <rob at portfoliodesign.net> wrote:
>
> > is there a way to check the number of users currently on mysql
> > and apache?
>
> Web servers and databases really have connections rather than users?

connection-> apache -> apache`s stuff -> queries to the database :)
		^apache status			^mysqladmin status

> Certainly for web servers anyway.  I suppose you could say current
> users on a database in terms of client connections.

Um .. thats not hard.
apachectl status
apachectl fullstatus
in httpd.conf
-snip-
ExtendedStatus On
<Location /server-status>
SetHandler server-status
Order Allow, Deny
Allow from all			 # (you could change it if you want)
</Location>

its not showing much;) however.

> For determining that I'm sure one of the MySQL command line utilities
> will give an overview of current client connections.  I stumbled upon

$ mysqladmin status (or extended-status)