Samba vs Samba NG (was Re: Apologies for posting to the BSD list)

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Thu Oct 3 11:56:51 BST 2002

sure.

this is my basic conf file..  PDC for the local network.
Also you could read this: http://mordor.clayton.edu/samba-tng/tng-pdc-trust.html
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:2QcAfALDMpUC:mordor.clayton.edu/samba-tng/tng-pdc-trust.html+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

[global]
workgroup = YOUR_WORKGROUP
load printers = NO
server string = MY_LOCAL_PDC
netbios name = NAME_OF_THE_LOCAL_PDC
netbios aliases = ALIAS (thats really useful sometimes:)
hosts allow = 127. %rfc1918. (e.g. 192.168.0.)
( or what you want )
private dir = %somewhere/private (something like /usr/local/smb-tng/private)
smb passwd file = %somewhere/private/smbpasswd
log file = %where/smb.log
passwd program = /usr/sbin/pw
logon path = \\%N\%u
logon home = \\%N\%u
logon script = login.bat (with or without it )
add user script = /usr/local/smb-tng/sbin/uadd

#######
#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/pw useradd -g $WORKGROUP -n $1
# put them in one workgroup, easy to manage.
#####

max log size = 50000
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
domain group map = %somewhere/private/domaingroup.map
domain user map  = %somewhere/private/domainuser.map
local group map  = %somewhere/private/localgroup.map
wins support = yes
dns proxy = no
time server = yes
[homes]
   comment = home folders
   path = %somewhere/jail/personal-folders/%S
   allow hosts = ${what you want to allow, e.g. 192.168.0.}
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
[netlogon]
   comment = Logon service
   path = %somewhere/jail/netlogon/%u
   allow hosts = ${what to allow}
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   share modes = no
[Shared Folder]
   comment = Shared Storage
   path = %somewhere/jail/sh-dir/folder1
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   allow hosts = ${allow}
   directory mask = 775
   force create mode = 775
   force directory mode = 775
   create mask = 775
   create mode = 775
   valid users = peter roger steven
   write list = steven

775 means write/read owner & group.

cheers,
-lk

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou.kamenov at aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
GPG Key ID - 	0xA297084A
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
It`s a free ride when you`ve already paid.