wireless

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Oct 1 18:35:04 BST 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 06:47:21PM +0100, Lou Kamenov wrote:

> Recently i was thinking of buying a wireless hub/cards to replace our
> old `cable` network (sometimes its easier without cables *smile*).
> Anyways, so my question is if anybody knows if there are any issues
> with the frequencies and what would be the most reliable hardware
> (from what you`ve experienced with it?).

I bought El Cheapo SMC (SMC2632W and whatever that one in a PCI adapter
is) cards from PC World for £50 each and have been happy with them after
making sure they were running recent firmware. Got the PCI adapter in
the FreeBSD box running in AP mode and a PCMCIA jobby in the Linux
laptop.

J.

--
If we sleep together, will you like me better?