Networking novice needs help

Kevin O Connor kevin at rainford.org.uk
Sat Nov 30 22:01:19 GMT 2002

To keep thing simple based on your IP address requirements try using
255.255.255.240 as your mask This will give you an address range of
192.168.1.1 -> 192.168.1.14
your current setup is a class B network of 255,251 nodes as the 192.168.1.0
network you are defining is a class C network address range defined by
RFC1918 the use of a class B mask will cause you problems without a full
understanding of what a netmask is.
Regards
Kevin