RAID 5 solutions?

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Tue Nov 26 14:54:31 GMT 2002

In some email I received from Pete French <pete at twisted.org.uk>
tests=IN_REP_TO,SUBJ_ENDS_IN_Q_MARK,DOUBLE_CAPSWORD,AWL version=2.31 on
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:29:28 +0000 :
> > You`ve to ask yourself, do you really need SCSI?!
>
> ...isnt it more "can I afford the extra to get SCSI" ? IDE only
> beats SCSI in the area of price, therefore it really comes down to
> a cost issue. For me the ease of configuration of SCSI will make
> it win every time - I can plus all the drives, scanners, tapes,
> cd-roms, dvds and flash card readers into the one bus (and have them
> in an external box too) and drive them all with a standardised command
> set.

Yeah it is, but _it is not the extra_ i`d spend money for , if you
want to boost performance so much, use firewire then, and connect all
your other devices to it. Would it be cheaper?

cheers,
-lk

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou at seclab.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
somebody's listening. - Franklin P. Jones