RAID 5 solutions?

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Tue Nov 26 13:48:37 GMT 2002

In some email I received from Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> on
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:43:02 +0000 :
> We could start a new thread. ;-) What is tape if it's not a single
> point of failure? If it bothers you, I'm not stopping you buying two

yes, but how long it would take you to restore the data back?!
there are various of key resons, why not tape, and why not this or that.
Rsync wont solve the problem nor nfs, the solutions is called CODA..
whooo ;)

> of these and putting in some synchro framework. In fact, it's quite
> likely what I'm going to end up implementing in the next few months.

i`m already there and waiting for you :)))

cheers,
-lk

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou at seclab.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
somebody's listening. - Franklin P. Jones