dns insert scripts

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 13:11:32 GMT 2002

On Nov 25, Robin Garbutt <rob at portfoliodesign.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone got a nice front end, pref in php or perl, to add domains to bind
> so as not to have to do it by command line and therefore sped up the
> process?  I'm running bind 9.

There are security implications, but if IIRC then you can do dynamic updates
quite easily with BIND 9 and there are several front-ends available
somewhere on freshmeat.net or similar. Otherwise, you end up doing all sorts
of nasty textfile parsing or using some bodged SQL hack backend. In fact, I
haven't looked at BIND 9 properly yet, but can't you back-end it with
something like SQL or LDAP?

--
Paul Robinson