[josette at oreilly.co.uk: O'Reilly UK User Group Programme]

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 08:18:33 GMT 2002

On Nov 24, Paul Civati <paul at xciv.org> wrote:

> Tom Hukins <tom at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > Nik, I'm pleased you've got O'Reilly to support us like this, but I
> > think their newsletters don't belong on the list, having seen the
> > content of the newsletter you've just sent.  It feels too commercial
> > and not especially relevant.
>
> Maybe we could create a separate list for the O'Reilly newsletters..

Surely it's not too large an imposition for people to filter based on sender
and/or subject line if they don't want to see the mails? Personally I don't
mind 'semi-spam' like this too much providing it's not turning up every day
or every few hours. By the sounds of it, we get support from ORA (not just
the books, but then how many meetings do we have?), and have to suffer being
told about some new books. That we want to know about anyway.

Well, anyway, I say let 'em on. We can always change our minds later. ;-)

--
Paul Robinson