[josette at oreilly.co.uk: O'Reilly UK User Group Programme]

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 24 21:55:22 GMT 2002

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 12:07:21PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Assuming no one has any objections to the occasional e-mail from
> O'Reilly to this list (see my next message, which shows an example) I'll
> follow this up with Josette.

Nik, I'm pleased you've got O'Reilly to support us like this, but I
think their newsletters don't belong on the list, having seen the
content of the newsletter you've just sent.  It feels too commercial
and not especially relevant.

I remember Brian mentioning that another publisher contacted him about
the FreeBSD UKUG reviewing their books on our site.  If someone wants
to take on the responsibility of getting people to review books and
putting them on our Web site, it might be worth looking into this as
well.

Tom