MS wheel mouse

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 13:22:06 GMT 2002

"Jon Schneider" <jon at axismilton.ltd.uk> wrote:

>I have FreeBSD 4.7, an MS Intellimouse Explorer (the matless optical=20
>one with the wheel and two extra side buttons) plugged into my PS/2=20
>port, and have purged and upgraded XFree86 to 4.2.0 . =20
>
>On bootup there are a few lines that identify it on psm0 correctly.
>
>However I don't seem to be able to get the wheel to work. I'm using=20
>xev before worrying about anything more complicated. No moused=20
>involved.

I have the exact same mouse working fine with 4.7 and KDE3 using sysmouse:

# **********************************************************************
# Core Pointer's InputDevice section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier	"Mouse1"
    Driver	"mouse"
    Option      "Protocol"        "Auto"
    Option      "Device"          "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option      "Buttons"         "5"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"

EndSection

With this setup even the scroll wheel works (in KDE) without resorting
to the imwheel program.  I personally like a little more speed, especially
on the console, so my rc.conf has the following:

moused_port=3D"/dev/psm0"
moused_type=3D"auto"
moused_enable=3D"YES"
moused_flags=3D"-a 2.3"