[josette at oreilly.co.uk: O'Reilly UK User Group Programme]

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Sat Nov 23 13:56:57 GMT 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Nik Clayton wrote:

> At BSDCon Europe I was talking with Josette Garcia, who's the marketing
> manager for O'Reilly UK.  Turns out that they have a 'user group
> programme' for supporting user groups.

London.pm does this - this is how we get our ORA books for review.  Rather
than sending the contact details directly to the list however, just our
leader (whoever that might be at the time - whoever answers
leader at london.pm.org) gets the mails.  We have one person (currently Evil
Dave) who distributes the books and chases people when they don't write
reviews.

If nothing else, it's free books (though you *do* have to write reviews if
you want them to keep coming.)

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              mark at twoshortplanks.com
';use Term'Cap;$t=Tgetent Term'Cap{};print$t->Tputs(cl);for$w(split/  +/
){for(0..30){$|=print$t->Tgoto(cm,$_,$y)." $w";select$k,$k,$k,.03}$y+=2}