Relatively OT

Jon Mercer jon at trojan-heroes.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 22:17:13 GMT 2002

Folks,

Im looking to upgrade hardware, and I'd really appreciate any
experiences anyone may have with relatively modern laptops (of what ever
manufacturer), ie. bits that work, bits that don't work - I know about
the Thinkpad problem (the hard way :-[ ), network, best resolutions, etc.

Basically if you've got a laptop with all the network connections
working, USB, (firewire?) et al, please let me know!

Also, has anyone got a HP Deskjet 5550C working under FreeBSD? If so,
how does the output look?

Any pointers, help, shared experiences gratefully received!

Jon