sql query

Stefan Bethke stefan.bethke at hanse.de
Wed Nov 13 16:04:49 GMT 2002

On Mittwoch, 13. November 2002 15:15 Uhr +0000 Robin Garbutt
<rob at portfoliodesign.net> wrote:

> can you use 'LIKE' and '=' in the same sql query?
>
> e.g
>
> if ($result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM db WHERE name LIKE '$name%' OR
> id = '$id'", $db));
> {
>     blah blah blah
> }
>
> as the id don't seem to be querying...
>
> any suggestions?

This looks like perfectly legal SQL to me; maybe it's some MySQL limitation?

Also, is the semicolon a typo in the mail? It don't think it's supposed to
be there, whichever language you're using there...

HTH,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke, Kegelhofstrasse 38, D-20251 Hamburg
Phone +49 170 346 0140