MPD [was Re: VPNs]

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Sun Nov 10 18:14:24 GMT 2002

In some email I received from Jose Marques <noway at nohow.demon.co.uk> on
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:19:12 +0000 (GMT) :
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Lou Kamenov wrote:
>
> > If its for FreeBSD I strongly recommmend mpd(it`s netgraph based).
> > It can do everything that ppp can, also it works just fine with MPPE
> > 40-128bit Microsoft encryption.
>
> Unfortunately my experiments with MPD appeared to indicate that it
> does not interoperate with pptpclient.  Nor did it appear to work with
> Windows 95/98 clients using DUN 1.4.

I`d suggest to you trying again, I`m running mpd on 4.7-STABLE with
about 15 clients. Settings are: PPTP,forcing 128bit MPPE encryption
(sometimes MPP(C)ompression), and that`s not hard at all.
All the clients are 98/2k/XP. (98 with MS high encryption patch)

cheers,
-lk

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou at seclab.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
It`s a free ride when you`ve already paid.