Compiling ACID (For Snort)

James james at physicalsegment.com
Sun Nov 10 12:47:31 GMT 2002

Hi there, I am following the guide on snort's website about using Snort with
MySQL and ACID. I have compiled everything so far up until ACID, which
complaines about an error in the Makefile, then it just stops. Im sure this
just needs a simple edit, however I do not know much about shell scripting.

This is the output when I do a make install:

#make install
===>  Installing for acid-0.9.6b21
===>   acid-0.9.6b21 depends on file: /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so -
found
===>   acid-0.9.6b21 depends on file: /usr/local/libexec/mysqld - found
===>   acid-0.9.6b21 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/snort - found
===>   acid-0.9.6b21 depends on file:
/usr/local/www/data.default/php/adodb - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list

Please read the README file located at:

/usr/local/www/acid/README

for how to configure /usr/local/www/acid/acid_conf.php after
installation.

Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "fi")
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/security/acid.
#

Then it returns me to the shell.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Im sure its not my ports
being out of data as I run a cron tab that updates my ports collection every
morning. Running FreeBSD 4.7.

Thanks in advance

James.