FreeBSD, NTL, and a USB modem (Terayon)

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Thu May 30 23:21:14 BST 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 07:24:20PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Anyone using FreeBSD with an NTL cable modem connection -- I think they
> use Terayon modems.  A colleague in the office is wondering whether this
> is supported.

In my case the NTL cable modem is in the TV set top box built by Pace.
I have no idea what is inside it.

The TV side isn't a total waste.  There is an old Hauppage TV/Radio card
in the computer.  One expensive way of listening to classic FM.

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

indicates that NTL in Dublin recommend solely the Terayon Tj210.

--
Adrian Wontroba