SpeedTouch problems

Robert Smith robsmith at binaryrage.com
Wed May 29 10:04:55 BST 2002

Mark,

	I could be absolutely and totally wrong (I'm still a relative
FreeBSD Newbie, and usually am)... but having downloads/uploads bailing
out at an exact time every time, to me screams of a RAM problem. Out of
morbid curiosity, could you open up a few other relatively memory hungry
processes and see if the upload dies quicker? It could be almost
buffering the upload in RAM, dying when it runs out, or the RAM kicks
back a fault.

I had a very, very similar problem with a Win2k box when it came to boot
up, I could time the boot up to the second, and it'd crash then, shoved
a new stick of RAM in the box and had no problems since.

Okay, the idea doesn't exactly sound the most sensible or even the most
probable, but nor does the problem!

Rob.