SpeedTouch problems

Dimitris Dimitris
Tue May 28 14:19:06 BST 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002 04:21:47 +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:

>(comes back from cvsup) --> well, that went remarkably well, my first
>time upgrading a running system by any method other than
>blank/re-install (I'd messed the system up so badly last time it came t=
>reinstall that, believe me, that was the only way :D)... even the
>mergemaster bit that I was dreading was amazingly easy. I'm now running=

>4.6-RC

unfortunetly my systems are customised, so merging is impossible, i have=

to wait for release versions, and i'm forced to blank/re-install method =
:(

>And the upshot is, I'm now doing a test upload - 10MB up so far (past
>where the problems normally occur) and absolutely no problems
>whatsoever. I'm quite annoyed with myself for not investigating the
>problem properly and just blaming dodgy hardware for all these months..=
.

Good to know... taking a look at open bugs reveals a lot of interesting =
information,
like for example 4.5-R has a major bug in Soft-Updates and it can cause
major corruption if you reboot after a lot of disk activity. Has been fi=
xed in
4.6 trunk so you shouldn't worry.

>Thanks Dimitris for that - I'd never even have looked at it had you not=

>said that.

no prob.

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE
=FE Live fast, die young, and leave a handsome corpse =FE