serial port problems

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Tue May 28 02:01:54 BST 2002

Hi,

Test 4 is the IRQ test - it looks like the ports aren't responding
with irq 4/3.

sio0 survives despite the test failure because of the 0x10 flag - I
guess the console code depends on the port actually existing....

The only thing that crosses my mind is maybe you've changed irq 3 & 4
in your BIOS so that they're not legacy ISA irqs and something else
is grabbing them.

--
Brian <brian at Awfulhak.org>                          <brian.somers at sun.com>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>