SpeedTouch problems

Dimitris Dimitris
Mon May 27 21:30:23 BST 2002

On Mon, 27 May 2002 15:51:01 +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:

>Yup, likewise with BT Openworld - no problems with the service despite =
all
>the moans you hear, it's worked flawlessly for me with exactly the same=

>setup. Occasionally falls over due to the dodgy VIA USB chipset on my s=
erver
>motherboard though - which is very frustrating as it seems to happen
>whenever I upload anything big. But that's definately down to the USB
>chipset though.

If you are using 4.4 or older, then its definetly due to bad kernel driv=
er.

I had the same problem with the ALI USB chipset, i opened a bug, and
it was fixed in 5.0-C some months ago, which came down to 4.5-R.

The bug was generic and affected many chipsets, it even happened
on my IBM ThinkPad 600E during high traffic uploads.

Ofcourse it could be due to both the buggy driver and a bad chipset, so
fixing the driver won't help you.

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE
=FE Live fast, die young, and leave a handsome corpse =FE