Log Message

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Mon May 27 09:33:17 BST 2002

Hi,

Just glancing at my daily security check output this morning I saw an
entry that I'm not too sure/happy about and was wondering if anyone
could tell me what it means.

Apart from the usual list of denied connections via sshd and ftpd was
the following:

> on from novatech.com, service ftpd (tcp)

No date or user info. Just that as a single entry. I've looked in the
logs and there's nothing anywhere relating to 'novatech.com'.

My worry is that this is perhaps an indication that somebody has
actually been logged on ... ? I can't see anything on the machine that
shouldn't be there.

Regards,

Steve.