Masquerading the from field using sendmail

Dimitris Dimitris
Fri May 24 19:04:02 BST 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002 10:24:31 +0100, M+P International wrote:

>I have a 4.5 BSD server that does our transactions, like invoices etc. =
>would like it to email our customers as the order status changes. I wan=
t the
>message to appear to come from our sales dept, but sendmail uses the
>server's login and server name. I can alter the 'Reply to', but not the=

>'From' by sendmail options.

I made my sendmail use a specific domain by changing
the 'DJ' option in sendmail.cf:

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your d=
omain
Djmydomain.com

Ofcourse that only solves your domain problem, not your user login name.=

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE
=FE Live fast, die young, and leave a handsome corpse =FE