PCI modems and freebsd

Alan Knell ajk at mastigo4.demon.co.uk
Thu May 16 10:57:50 BST 2002

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C1FCC8.8553E090

My 8 year old Hayes Accura 288 serial modem has gone to the happy land =
where all
faithful old modems eventually go.
For its successor I am contemplating an internal PCI modem - to reduce =
the
clutter on my desk.
I had a bad experience trying to set up a Hayes PCI modem on another
machine - although it had its own DSP I just couldn't get it recognised
under Debian, let alone configured.
Can anyone recommend a PCI modem that freebsd will happily use?

Alan

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C1FCC8.8553E090

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My 8 year old Hayes Accura 288 serial =
modem has=20
gone to the happy land where all<BR>faithful old modems eventually =
go.<BR>For=20
its successor I am contemplating an internal PCI modem - to reduce=20
the<BR>clutter on my desk.<BR>I had a bad experience trying to set up a =
Hayes=20
PCI modem on another<BR>machine - although it had its own DSP I just =
couldn't=20
get it recognised<BR>under Debian, let alone configured.<BR>Can anyone =
recommend=20
a PCI modem that&nbsp;freebsd will happily use?<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alan<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C1FCC8.8553E090--