Mozilla

Dominic Marks dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Tue May 14 12:22:34 BST 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:12:09PM +0100, Natalie S. Ford wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:52:13AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
> > Your connection is dial-up with timed cut-offs, right?
>
> Yup.
>
> > That really screws up ports and pkg_add.
>
> Tell me about it!
>
> > Perhaps you could sweet talk (or purchase :)) one of those FreeBSD
> > services DVDs (assuming you have a DVD-Rom), I believe they come with
> > a complete package set.
>
> D'OH!  I *have* one!  Now all I need to know is how to mount a cd or dvd
> in fbsd...

Put it in (of course :))

# mount /cdrom

I don't know how the DVD is formatted, I'm guessing its in standard
cd9660 filesystem, in which case the above command will 'just work'.
Then its a case of finding the mozilla package on the disc.

# find /cdrom -name "*mozilla*.tgz"

That should get it. Lastly just pkg_add -v with the resulting path
from `find'. Hopefully, you should have a working Mozilla by the end
of that :)

> --
> Natalie S. Ford           ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø      natalie at ourshack.com
> http://www.natalie.ourshack.org/          http://natalief.livejournal.com/