Mozilla

Natalie S. Ford natalie at ourshack.com
Tue May 14 09:24:54 BST 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:50:59AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
> Crap. In the case a package fails to install, I suggest catching the
> name (eg: gettext) and then doing pkg_add -v <name>. Narrow it down so
> you know exactly what is missing and causing the overall package to
> fail the install. Ugly process.

Tell me about ugly!  I am actually a bit pissed of that both times
recently that I have tried to use them, the ports tree and package
processes have both let me down big time (KDE and now Mozilla).

Anyway, looking back at the errors, I am not sure I know what I am
looking at enough to guess what to do - all i see are a lot of errors
like:

tar: can't add file lib/libiconv.so : No such file or directory

Other than that it all looks OK to me, as does the pkg-add process.

I can't work it out!  I give up.  I will continue to use NetScrape 4.77
(spit) and get the error message whenever I run more than one copy
(I can't remember what it says - something about not finding a server,
but then it all works perfectly).

All I wanted was a CSS (and other standards) capable/compliant browser...
;-)

Natalie S. Ford           ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø      natalie at ourshack.com
http://www.natalie.ourshack.org/          http://natalief.livejournal.com/