Mozilla

Frank Shute Frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Mon May 13 23:47:18 BST 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:32:55PM +0100, Natalie wrote:

> I have tried installing mozilla from the ports tree but, surprise surprise
> (IME) I get a compile error and so I thought I would try to install the
> binary from http://www.mozilla.org/releases/ (candidate1 coz there is none
> for FBSD in candidate2) and I downloaded the .tar.gz and untarred it but
> I have no idea what to do next - the website is no help, there is no
> configure, makefile, installation instructions or any hints...
> Any ideas guys?

What I usually do is something like this:

$ mkdir ~/M0.99
$ mv mozilla-i386-unknown-freebsd4.5-0.9.9.tar.gz ~/M0.99
$ cd ~/M0.99
$ tar xvzf mozilla-i386-unknown-freebsd4.5-0.9.9.tar.gz
$ ./mozilla/mozilla &

I think there are instructions at mozilla.org for installing it so
it's available to all users without installing it separately in their
homedirs. Probably not much more involved than sticking it somewhere
under /usr/local instead.

BTW, I'm running 4.3-RELEASE & that `4.5' binary distro works fine.

--

 Frank

   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

"Security is mostly a superstition.  It does not exist in nature... Life is
either a daring adventure or nothing."
-- Helen Keller