Using CVSup

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Thu May 9 15:03:50 BST 2002

Ah!

It would appear that there is a step missing in the tutorial that I
followed (from FreeBSD Unleashed ... generally a very good book, I
think). No mention of 'make update' in this though.

My 'make.conf' in /etc (again following the guide in the book) contains:

///
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
NOPROFILE= true
///

I take it that I should add uncommented versions of:

///
#SUP_UPDATE=     yes
#SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
#SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2
#SUPHOST=        cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
#SUPFILE=        /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
#PORTSSUPFILE=   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
#DOCSUPFILE=     /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile
///

I would point the SUPHOST to the same as in my cvsupfile? and the final
three would all point to my cvsupfile?

At what stage do I then have to do a 'make update'?

Regards,

Steve.