fxtv / bktr / dynalink tv magic

dave at foulis.ch dave at foulis.ch
Mon Mar 18 13:15:31 GMT 2002

Could someone please help with this installation problem.
I have a 686 466Mhz which I want to use for the following card (it's the =

fastest pc that I have).
FreeBSD 4.4 stable (all up to date)

Dynalink / TV Magik/PCI.

I installed fxtv from the ports.

I've then changed my kernelconf file with the following:

(some info is from LINT)

1.    added device bktr
2.    when no success added:  device smbus, iicbus and iicb
      (maybe not necessary)
3.    then I found /usr/src/sys/dev/bktr/bktr_card.h and from the info=20
there I put in:
      options  BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD=3D14 (nr correct for the card)
I also wanted to override the _TUNER but don't know which type it should =
be=20
set to.

Anyway I still have no success.

Result: dmesg =A6 grep "bktr"

bktr0: <BrookTree 848A> at device 13.0 on pci0
bktr0: could not map memory
device_probe_and_attach: bktr0 attach returned 6

at command line:

# fxtv
# open ("/dev/bktr0") failed: Device not configured

I also read something about needing a VoxWare driver? but I don't think=20
thats the main problem now, it will be necessary (I think) so that I can =

take the sound directly from the spkrout plug on the tv card.

My sound is on board and also does not work yet: (with or without =
PNPBIOS)
The only setting I have is device pcm at the moment.

pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> at device 5.0 on PCI0
pcm0: cmi_attach: Cannot allocate bus resource
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
? does anyone know what the 6 refers to?.

David B Foulis
DBF-PYROTECHNIK
Switzerland
0041 52 720 89 59