Bridging and wi devices

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Tue Mar 5 14:09:33 GMT 2002

>    Hello all,
>
>   After bashing my head for hours with a bridging setup, I have a =
> question.  I have read that bridging does not work with all NICs.  Can =
> anyone tell me if they have had bridging working with 'wi' devices - =
> Lucent Orinoco Gold/Silver PCMCIA card in a PCI interface?  I have a =
> funny feeling that the kernel bridge is just not working properly with =
> this card.

I've got a test box here that I've bridged from an orinoco card to an
ed interface.  I was running the wiap driver on the orinoco rather
than the wi driver, but that shouldn't make a difference.

This was using netgraph bridging - which should work for all
supported NIC types.

--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>