Bridging Ethernet to Wireless

George Minich gminich at toshiba.ca
Mon Mar 4 14:25:27 GMT 2002

Hi Dave,

  the idea behind a bridge is a device that does not care about high level
protocol and passes packets based on the lower level protocols.  My idea was
to setup a bridge without an IP address so that hackers were unable to see
it.  In theory, this should work fine.  I really do think there is a problem
with 'wi' devices and the bridging in FreeBSD.  I understand that Linux also
has similar problems with bridging and non-hard-wired devices.

   Thanks

   George