(no subject)

Dynanet Technical Support support at dynamode.co.uk
Mon Mar 4 12:45:26 GMT 2002

I have set up FreeBSD (4.4) and being a newbie have come across a few minor
problems.
When trying to use the "write" command for consol messaging to a remote user
(friend in Holland) I get an error
"you have write permissions disabled"
Installation was set to moderate security...standard installation.
Also ( I think it is also connected) when I used pkg_add -r webmin
The requested package was downloaded and installed (as root) however access
to webmin.sh (setup file which needs to be run once according to
instructions) is denied
I tried using chmod on files but access was still denied....any ideas?
Another probably related problem is ftp access I can connect but no
directories or files are shown
Any help would be highly appreciated

Machine is P233 64MB RAM
3.2 GB Samsung hard drive
Realtek 10/100 Network Card

Dave Gemal
Dynanet Technical Support
www.dynamode.co.uk
www.dynamode.net

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also
be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any distribution,
copying, or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.  Internet
communications are not always secure and therefore DYNANET UK Ltd does not
accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible
for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents.  Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of DYNANET UK Ltd.