Bridging Ethernet to Wireless

dbfpyro at gmx.net dbfpyro at gmx.net
Mon Mar 4 03:50:00 GMT 2002

I also have a machine set as a bridge it doesn't have a wireless card but 2
ethernet cards.
As it is according to the handbook only correct to give one of the cards an
IP address I've given de0 (I have de0 and ep0) the address with
ifconfigde0= "inet 172.22.222.2 netmask 255.255.255.0" in /etc/rc.conf.
During setting this up I had a problem at one end of the bridge with
communication and among other things I changed from IP at ep0 to de0 and
everything worked (although I'm not sure of course if it was this that
solved the problem).

You could try changing this ? logically I think the wireless card should
have the address and the ethernet none.

Hope your successful.

Dave.