Domain Hosting

Rik fbsdusers at rikrose.net
Sat Mar 2 12:30:25 GMT 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 03:29:29AM +0000, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> Failing that, I need to have someone hold my domain on their IPS tag
 [snip]
> hold a domain and delegate a domain for me? For as small a price as
> possible, I am just an impoverished student after all ;-)

I pay ten pounds per year to my good friends at Black Cat Networks
(blackcatnetworks.co.uk), and they'll do secondary DNS for 100 domains
for me, on ns{0,1}.blackcatnetworks.co.uk.

I will now also point you to www.grantitecanyon.com, who provide lousy
DNS (eg, all hosts in my domains spent 2 weeks as CNAMES to "net.".),
but do include an FAQ page, which has a question "What about Published
vs Unpublished Primary DNS?".

Combine that idea with Black Cat Networks having 2 DNS servers on nice
fast, stable connections, having a wonderful interface for this stuff,
and that I've never had a problem with them, and you can guess my
cunning (and known to work) idea from there.

rik
--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F