Oracle 9i

Kevin O'Connor kevin at rainford.org.uk
Fri Mar 1 16:11:32 GMT 2002

-- Kevin O'Connor
Ziptek Technologies Ltd.
Don't want a port. Oracle will supply the software probably the Linux version I was just
wondering if it ran on FreeBSD and the answer seems to be yes but badly which is no
good. I know 5 is still in development but the SMP support is supposed to be much
improved " The server it runs on will be a Compaq 5500 quad PIII Xeon with 4gig of
memory which sounds like the sort of spec needed to run an XP workstation to me"
what is the expected release date of version 5 in a stable form?  I have run the Portal
and Apps server on FreeBSD 4.4 and that seems ok but the backend database is the
issue. This is a long term project with the portal going live in the next 3 months and the
database comming online Q4 2002.

Kevin

On 1 Mar 2002 at 15:50, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 03:44:48PM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
> > On Mar  1, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at rainford.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Is anyone running Oracle 8i or 9i on a FreeBSD box or does anyone know of
such an > > > implementation? We are looking to deploy both the Portal and Apps
server with
a 9i > > > backend database. ALL comments and suggestions welcome.