cannot partition Compaq 18GB scsi Hard Drive

Frans Diergaarde frans at blackadder.fastfury.org
Sun Jun 30 18:39:47 BST 2002

I try adding a Compaq 18GB UW SCSI Hard Drive with
an Adaptec 2940 uw controller.
I go with sysinstall through the partition utilities and choose to use the
whole disk (the disk geometry reports the correct disk size).
Then I use the default choices for the slices.  When I give the command
write I get back on screen
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): WRITE(06). CDB: a 0 0 3f 1 0
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): ABORTED COMMAND asc:47,0
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): SCSI parity error field replaceable unit: 3

When I typ newfs /dev/da0s1a: Devic not configured

Can somebody help me out with this problem

Tanx Frans

|Frans Diergaarde           |                        |
|Amsterdam, the Netherlands |   FreeBSD 4.6-stable   |
|frans at fastfury.org         |                        |