Sending mail to Hotmail.com addresses

Dimitris Dimitris
Fri Jun 28 03:00:31 BST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:00:35 +1000, Talbot Neil wrote:

>the servers at hotmail are under extreme load and usually take a couple of
>minutes to respond as it is a really bad cluster arrangement that Microsoft
>have tried to set up with ms exchange.

indeed, they have been trying to convert their fbsd servers into ms exchange
for a long time, they managed to convert some parts of hotmail. All delays
are caused because of the M$ software which just can't handle the load.

If i remember correctly, microsoft.com main email server still runs on Solaris.

þ H.I.C. & D.B.S. þ OS/2 Warp þ Hellas þ
þ ServerConfig þ ConfigEdit þ OS/2 UK UG þ

þ Sometimes i think there might be more to life þ
þ than having a really really ridiculously fast computer þ