Sending mail to Hotmail.com addresses

Talbot Neil talbotn at ihug.com.au
Fri Jun 28 00:00:35 BST 2002

I believe the problem is that sendmail is trying to do a finger or somesuch
to see if the email address is valid. the problem is not at your end. It is
hotmail that is slow.
the servers at hotmail are under extreme load and usually take a couple of
minutes to respond as it is a really bad cluster arrangement that Microsoft
have tried to set up with ms exchange.

hope this helps

Talbot