problems setting up a list

Tim Wiser timw at penninehealthcare.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 16:22:22 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm setting up a BSD server from scratch and have come to the stage where I
want to set up some mailing lists.  Rather than using the /etc/mail/aliases
file to list the recipients of each list, I want to use the include system.
So, as such, I have the following line in my aliases file:

support:include:/etc/mail/lists/support

and the support file contains:

user1
user2

(userx being real users on the system).

I then do a make aliases.  If I then try and send mail to the support at server
address, I get the following bounced message:

[snip]
include:/etc/mail/lists/support
    (reason: can't create (user) output file)
    (expanded from: <support at server.name.here>)

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something very silly, but I don't know what!!