Java and freebsd

Dimitris Dimitris
Wed Jun 26 13:11:06 BST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:56:09 +0100, Alan Knell wrote:

>I need to get a basic java system installed on my freebsd 4.5 box, to
>run  a genetics program which requires java.
>The current release of java2 from Sun is for Windows, Linux and Solaris.
>Will the Linux version be happy under Linux emulation on freebsd?  [That
>sounds to be a kludge!]
>Is there a port to freebsd - and if so, where can I get it?
>Or should I be looking at a different distribution?

There two ways to do this, either run the fbsd native port, or run the
linux version under linux emulation. Each has its own advantages.

Take a look at: http://www.freebsd.org/java/

þ H.I.C. & D.B.S. þ OS/2 Warp þ Hellas þ
þ ServerConfig þ ConfigEdit þ OS/2 UK UG þ

þ Sometimes i think there might be more to life þ
þ than having a really really ridiculously fast computer þ