browsing a windows network

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Sun Jun 23 14:09:19 BST 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 01:21, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 11:53:36PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > I've recently switched from exmh2 to sylpheed-claws.  sylpheed is gtk based
> > and has all of the stuff I've wanted for some time:
>
> <snip>
>
> Does it do proper message threading?  And does it do disconnected IMAP
> mode properly?

Just FYI, evolution has both of these, plus all the features Brian
listed, plus it integrates really easily with PGP and can be setup to
automatically sign outgoing messages, with an easy tab to disable it on
a per message basis.

It handles multiple email accounts quite nicely too, automatically
detecting the address used to contact you and replying with the same
one, and then picking up appropriate settings for that address, e.g. you
can have separate sigs for your accounts and it picks the right one.

I actually don't think evolution is missing any features, and includes
calendar, tasks and contacts too. If you use Gnome as your desktop and
want a GUI based mail tool then I'd recommend it.

If you don't use Gnome pulling all of Gnome in just to use it is
propably overkill.

--
Paul Richards                   |  FreeBSD DVD distributions
FreeBSD Services Ltd            |