Automatically Switching of the PC when running "halt -p"

Lee lee at unassemble.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 18:11:28 BST 2002

Cheers.

Since sending the original message I have also tried "shutdown -p" as you
suggested with no difference.

Before installing FreeBSD I have Redhat 7.0 -> 7.3 running on the same
machine.  This powered down fine, so I can only assume that it is something
to do with the kernel / OS rather than my computer.  Unless Redhat have got
round a problem that FreeBSD has not yet resolved?

I was hoping to leave re-compiling a new kernel to I was a little more
experienced with BSD, but this is a feature I very much need for a project I
am working on, so I guess I will have to give it a go.

Regards

Lee