star office - guidance if possible

Matthew Seaman matthew at plasm.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 00:20:45 BST 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:54:38PM +0100, jimf wrote:
> Can you answer these for me......

Sure.

> I copy so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin (didn't know the ports
> would handle .bin files) to
> /usr/ports/distfiles and call make install from
> /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52?			[ ]	[ ]

Yes.  That's the thing about ports: they're already set up to do
whatever is necessary to get the software installed.

> Do I copy the patch file to
> /usr/ports/distfiles?					[ ]	[ ]

Yes.

> or do I follow the instructions in the readme?		[ ]	[ ]

No --- those instructions are for installing on Linux, and need to be
modified to make things work on FreeBSD.  Plus installing from ports
will ensure that all pre-requisites get installed first, although I
think you said earlier that you've already got the Linux emulation
stuff, so that should be a no-op.

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK