bind 9

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 17:33:54 BST 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 09:11:08AM +0100, Rob Garbutt wrote:

> I have installed bind 9 and when I start it up get the error:-
>
> general: error: dns_master_load: pz/127.0.0:2: no current owner name

There's an error in the SOA record at line 2 of the file pz/127.0.0
--- bind can't find the field that has the contact e-mail for the zone,
which probably means that the whole line is rather toasted.

A SOA RR should look something like this:

@               IN      SOA     localhost. root.localhost. (
                                2002060900      ; Serial
                                3600            ; Refresh
                                900             ; Retry
                                3600000         ; Expire
                                3600 )          ; Minimum

where the bit in question is the `root.localhost' part.  Possibly
caused by a missing `@' or extraneous stuff at the start of the line.

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK