star office - guidance if possible - last leg

jimf jimf at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 15 02:55:49 BST 2002

Hi Matthew,
All steps in previous correspondence worked a treat. However, when I try to start the program it always complains about not being able to find the sofficerc file.  This file _does_ exist in the directory  /compat/linux/jimf/soffice52/user (linux fs) but nothing gets installed to /home/jimf (freebsd fs)

The installation program then gives a choice to re-install the app to repair the missing file but to no avail. Everything else appears in order, even down to an entry in the KDE program start menu.

Regardless, I've learned alot from this experience, will google for a while, its...getting............late...............
bye.

jimf