AMD K6-2 450 mhz

Dimitris Dimitris
Tue Jun 11 13:30:46 BST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:05:47 +0100 (BST), Aled Morris wrote:

>I have a couple of servers with K6-2/500 processors in that will only
>run reliably (i.e. for more than a few minutes) by downclocking them to
>400MHz or so.

I had the same problem at some point with a K6-3 500 and K6-2 450,
i solved the problem when i realised the voltage core was wrong.

In once case, it was the motherboard. I moved to the Asus P5A-B,
and raised the vcore, and all problems went away.

I hope this helps.

þ H.I.C. & D.B.S. þ OS/2 Warp þ Hellas þ
þ ServerConfig þ ConfigEdit þ OS/2 UK UG þ

þ Sometimes i think there might be more to life þ
þ than having a really really ridiculously fast computer þ