Intel PRO/100S (82250 EY Based) NIC on FreeBSD

Dimitris Dimitris
Sun Jun 2 00:53:58 BST 2002

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:35:26 +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:

>OK, thanks. Anyone got any ideas as to why one of these cards wouldn't =
be
>detected on boot up by FreeBSD? (could be bios reasons is the only thin=
g I
>can think of). Any way of checking the connected devices to the pci bus=
,
>whether there's a driver for them or not?

oh, i forgot to mention that the device is 'fxp', which is in the generi=
c kernel by default.

Also check that 'miibus' is also in your kernel configuration, because i=
ts required
by 'fxp' to run properly.

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE
=FE Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb =FE