Intel PRO/100S (82250 EY Based) NIC on FreeBSD

Dimitris Dimitris
Sat Jun 1 22:50:50 BST 2002

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:35:26 +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:

>OK, thanks. Anyone got any ideas as to why one of these cards wouldn't =
be
>detected on boot up by FreeBSD? (could be bios reasons is the only thin=
g I
>can think of). Any way of checking the connected devices to the pci bus=
,
>whether there's a driver for them or not?

Some suggestions...

1) BIOS hasn't assigned any resources to the card because PnP OS is enab=
led.

2) The card is dead. Have you tried to use it on another computer with s=
ome
other operating system?

3) The Kernel hasn't got the required modules compiled in it. Try the Ge=
neric
kernel, it should work.

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE
=FE Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb =FE