Mod_perl for Apache2

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 30 14:17:33 BST 2002

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 01:49:38PM +0100, Edmund Craske wrote:
> I'm probably being stupid, but the mod_perl port only works with apache
> 1.3 and I can't see anything in the Makefile to make it install on
> Apache 2. Does anyone know an alternate way of installing mod_perl for
> apache 2?

mod_perl version 1.x only runs with Apache 1.x.  If you want to use
Apache 2, you'll need to run mod_perl 2 which is still in development.
Nobody's ported this yet, but feel free to have a try.

If that hasn't put you off and you'd like to use mod_perl 2, take a
look at http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html

Tom